An ASP record can contain content, HTML labels and contents. Contents in an ASP document are executed on the server.
What you should definitely know
Before you proceed with you ought to have some essential comprehension of the following:
If you need to ponder these subjects first, discover the instructional exercises on our Home page.
What is ASP?
- ASP represents Active Server Pages
- ASP is a Microsoft Technology
- ASP is a program that keeps running inside IIS
- IIS represents Internet Information Services
- IIS comes as a free segment with Windows 2000
- IIS is likewise a piece of the Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack
- The Option Pack can be downloaded from Microsoft
- PWS is a littler - however completely useful - rendition of IIS
- PWS can be found on your Windows 95/98 CD
- To run IIS you should have Windows NT 4.0 or later
- To run PWS you should have Windows 95 or later
- ChiliASP is an innovation that runs ASP without Windows OS
- InstantASP is another innovation that runs ASP without Windows
What is an ASP File?
- An ASP record is only equivalent to a HTML file
- An ASP document can contain content, HTML, XML, and scripts
- Scripts in an ASP record are executed on the server
- An ASP record has the document augmentation ".asp"
How Does ASP Differ from HTML?
- When a program asks for a HTML document, the server restores the file
- When a program asks for an ASP document, IIS passes the demand to the ASP motor. The ASP motor peruses the ASP document, line by line, and executes the contents in the record. At last, the ASP document is come back to the program as plain HTML
What would asp be able to accomplish for you?
- Dynamically alter, change, or include any substance of a Web page
- Respond to client questions or information submitted from HTML forms
- Access any information or databases and return the outcomes to a browser
- Customize a Web page to make it increasingly helpful for individual users
- The favorable circumstances of utilizing ASP rather than CGI and Perl, are those of straightforwardness and speed
- Provide security - since ASP code can't be seen from the browser
- Clever ASP programming can limit the system traffic