Ruby Installation - Windows
The steps to install Ruby on a Windows machine are listed below.
Note: You may have different available versions at the time of installation.
- Window system, we can use RubyInstaller to install Ruby environment, download address: Please click here to download .
- After downloading rubyinstaller, extract it to the newly created directory:
- Start the Ruby installation wizard by double-clicking the rubyinstaller-2.2.3.exe file.
- Click Next to continue the wizard and remember to check Add Ruby executables to your PATH until the Ruby installer finishes the Ruby installation.
If your installation does not properly configure environment variables, then you may need to configure the environment variables.
- If you are using Windows 9x, add in your c:\autoexec.bat: set PATH="D:\(ruby installation directory)\bin;%PATH%"
- Windows NT/2000 users need to modify the registry.
- Click Control Panel|System Performance|Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables, select Path and click EDIT.
- Add the Ruby directory to the end of the list of variable values and click OK.
- Under System Variables, select PATHEXT and click EDIT.
- Add .RB and .RBW to the list of variable values and click OK.
- After installation, make sure everything is working by entering the following command on the command line:
$ ruby -v Ruby 2.2.3
- If everything is working fine, the version of the installed Ruby interpreter will be output, as shown above. If you have a different version installed, a different version will be displayed.